Cuba is open to international travelers and we are here to welcome you back to the island safely. Below is reliable information to prepare you for a trip to Cuba and help you make informed decisions regarding your travel plans. We are monitoring COVID-19 updates closely and will update this page regularly with new information.
Cuba’s COVID-19 Travel Restrictions & Entry Requirements
- As of April 6, 2022, Cuba is not requiring proof of vaccination or COVID-19 testing to enter the country.
- Travelers are required to have valid health insurance. If this is not possible, then they have to buy Cuban medical insurance coverage at the airport upon arrival. Check with your airline as this coverage may be included in your airline ticket.
- All travelers must complete a “D Viajeros” form online. Once completed, you will receive a QR code. It is important to print the PDF with the QR code as you will need to present this to immigration upon arrival.
- Masks are required in public.
Cuba Vaccination Rates
Cuba has produced two vaccines: Soberana 2 and Abdala. These vaccines were deployed in May 2021. For current vaccination data, click here.
Safety First: Cuba Candela COVID-19 Protocols
Safety continues to be our number one priority. We have team members in the U.S. and Cuba monitoring the situation closely and have implemented new safety protocols to keep our guests safe.
- Every Cuba Candela trip complies with the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) “Safe Travels” protocols.
- Our itineraries have been altered to allow for more outdoor activities and less crowded venues to maintain social distancing.
- Regular sanitation and handwashing has been incorporated into all itineraries.
- We have added vehicles to our group tours for social distancing during commutes.
- We clean and sanitize all vehicle surfaces every day.
- Restaurants have been personally vetted by our team to ensure sanitation, mask wearing and proper social distancing.
- We have partnered with the best hotels and private villas committed to upholding our cleaning and sanitizing standards.
- If you or any traveler in your group is experiencing symptoms, Cuba Candela will promptly seek professional medical assistance to evaluate the situation.
- In the unlikely event that your trip is interrupted, our staff will take care of any changes to your trip.
Our Revised Cancellation Policy
We have relaxed our travel cancellation policy to allow for more flexibility. Under our new cancellation policy, clients may cancel their trip for any reason 30 days prior to departure with no penalty. They will receive a full refund on their deposit.
If you have any concerns about your future trip to Cuba, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team. We are here to help.
Purchase Travel Insurance
We encourage all guests to purchase travel insurance. Allianz travel insurance provides plans to protect your trip.
Travelers should pack hand sanitizer, face masks and sanitizing products as these may be difficult to find in Cuba. For a complete packing list, click here.
This page will continue to be updated regularly. Please also review the following sources for reliable information and travel guidance:
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to help.
Call (305) 930-5194 or email email@example.com