During this time of concern and confusion caused by the emergence of coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to provide you with reliable information to help you make informed decisions regarding your travel plans. We are monitoring this situation closely and will update this page regularly with new information.
Can I Travel to Cuba Right Now?
Yes. Cuba has been fully open to international travelers since November 2020. You may book a flight directly to Havana.
We recommend that travelers interested in visiting Cuba book their trips starting in November 2021. While Cuba is accepting travelers at this time, there are COVID-19 protocols that require testing upon arrival and a mandatory quarantine. We expect these protocols to loosen in the coming weeks and feel optimistic that by fall 2021 we will be operating tours as usual. We typically recommend travel between October/November and April, as this is the best weather on the island.
Cuba has Vaccinated Over 2 Million Citizens
The island has produced two vaccines: Soberana 2 and Abdala. These vaccines were deployed in May 2021 and have been used to vaccinate over 2 million citizens. Data from the efficacy of both vaccines is still being collected, but the late-stage trials have shown Soberna 2 has 62% efficacy after 2 of its 3 doses (Financial Times). The Abdala vaccine has proved 92.2% effective in late-stage trials (Reuters).
Cuba expects to vaccinate its entire population by September 2021.
Safety First: Cuba Candela COVID-19 Protocols
Safety continues to be our number one priority. We have team members in the U.S. and Cuba monitoring the situation closely and have implemented new safety protocols to keep our guests safe.
- Every Cuba Candela trip complies with the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) “Safe Travels” protocols.
- Our itineraries have been altered to allow for more outdoor activities and less crowded venues to maintain social distancing.
- Regular sanitation and handwashing has been incorporated into all itineraries.
- We have added vehicles to our group tours for social distancing during commutes.
- We clean and sanitize all vehicle surfaces every day.
- Restaurants have been personally vetted by our team to ensure sanitation, mask wearing and proper social distancing.
- We have partnered with the best hotels and private villas committed to upholding our cleaning and sanitizing standards.
- If you or any traveler in your group is experiencing symptoms, Cuba Candela will promptly seek professional medical assistance to evaluate the situation.
- PCR testing has been incorporated into our trips so guests can meet travel requirements when returning home.
- In the unlikely event that your trip is interrupted, our staff will take care of any changes to your trip.
Our Revised Cancellation Policy
We have relaxed our travel cancellation policy to allow for more flexibility. Under our new cancellation policy, clients may cancel their trip for any reason 30 days prior to departure with no penalty. They will receive a full refund on their deposit.
If you have any concerns about your future trip to Cuba, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team. We are here to help.
Purchase Travel Insurance
We encourage all guests to purchase travel insurance. Allianz travel insurance provides plans to protect your trip.
Travelers should pack hand sanitizer, face masks and sanitizing products as these may be difficult to find in Cuba. For a complete packing list, click here.
This page will continue to be updated regularly. Please also review the following sources for reliable information and travel guidance:
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to help.
Call (305) 930-5194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org