1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Disclose to Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when participating in activities through our Site (such as registering for an account, ordering a product or service, submitting content and/or posting content in discussion forums or other public areas, entering a contest or sweepstakes, filling out a survey or sending us feedback) or when otherwise contacting us and expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products, services, offerings and/or events.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make and the services and features you use. The personal information we collect can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect first and last name, email address(es), mailing address, phone number, employer, job title and department, and other similar contact data.
- Demographics. We collect information concerning gender, birth date and other similar data.
- Photographs and Videos. We collect photographs and videos that are submitted, directed, offered or otherwise available to us, through any medium.
- Credentials. We collect passwords and similar security information used for authorization and account access.
- Passport Data. We collect passport information such as passport number, country of issuance, date of passport issuance and passport expiration date.
- Medical / Dietary Data. We collect information regarding medical and physical conditions, dietary restrictions and requirements, and food allergies that may be relevant to participation on our trips.
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process the payments you make to us, such as your payment instrument number (e.g. credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processors and you should review their privacy policies and contact the payment processors directly to respond to your questions.
Some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information Automatically Collected
We may automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners and other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information and posts, marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may use information collected from or about you, including your personal information and usage information, to:
- Process your transactions;
- Send you information, including confirmations and receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your inquiries and provide customer service related to your use of our products and services;
- Register you for an account, keep in contact with you, and contact you regarding any problems with your account;
- Help us serve you better, including personalizing your online experience and tailoring content, recommendations, and offers we display to you;
- Provide you with information, including the availability of goods, services and opportunities that are of interest to you;
- Communicate with you about new products, offers, promotions, rewards, contests and upcoming events;
- Display content, including advertising, that is customized to your interests and preferences;
- Operate and improve our website and business, including our internal operations and security systems;
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- Protect each party from errors, fraud, or any criminal activity, and serve legal, regulatory and internal business purposes;
- Detect and troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and enforce applicable agreements and policies; and
Please note that for U.S. customers, upon providing us with your email address, you may be signed up for our marketing communications. Please see our “Choices and Preferences” section below for how to unsubscribe from these communications.
3. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Consent. We may share your information when you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific way or for a specific purpose.
- Contractual Obligation. We may share your information when necessary to perform the contractual obligations in our Terms and Conditions and in order to provide our services to you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may share your information when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Legal Obligations. We may share your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Public Information. We may share your information when you have made the information public.
- Vital Interests. We may share your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violation of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Where we share your information on the basis of legitimate interests, we so do as follows:
- Transactions. We share your information as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the products or services you have requested or authorized.
- Providing and Improving Our Services. We share your information to improve and customize our services, and we do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest in improving our services for our users. This is also necessary to enable us to pursue our legitimate interests in understanding how our services are being used, and to explore ways to grow our business. It is also necessary to allow us to pursue our legitimate interests in improving our efficiency and obtaining insights into usage patterns of our services.
- Providing Marketing Communications. We rely on our legitimate interest to send you marketing messages.
- Site Customization. We may learn about the types of products or services that you are interested in from your browsing and purchasing behavior and use such information to suggest potential purchases as a result. We have a legitimate interest in customizing your on-site experience to help you search for and discover relevant products and services.
- Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: airlines, hotels, tour guides, payment processors, data storage providers, data analysts, email delivery providers, hosting service providers, and third parties which assist us with our customer service and marketing efforts. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal data they need to provide the service. We may also allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Site, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Site over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. The aforementioned third parties may have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our organization by another company, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which case personal data would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
When you use our Site, we may store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate and customize your use of our Site. A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer’s hard drive (if your Web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. Our cookies store randomly assigned user identification numbers, the country where you are located, and your first name to welcome you back to our Site. The cookies make your use of the Site easier, make the Site run more smoothly and help us to maintain a secure Site. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our Site may not work properly in that case.
We may use an outside ad serving company to display banner advertisements on our Site. As part of their service, they may place a separate cookie on your computer. We will not provide any third-party ad server with any of your personally identifiable information or information about your purchases. We and our third-party ad server may collect and use non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server and whether you responded to a particular ad. Other advertisers may also place banner ads on our Site in the same manner as above, but we will not disclose any personally identifiable information to them.
5. CHOICES AND PREFERENCES
If at any time you decide that you want to change your choices about how we use and disclose your personal data, you can take the following actions:
- Account Termination. If you would at any time like to terminate your account, please contact us. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions and/or comply with legal requirements. Such information includes, but is not limited to, records related to your transactions with us.
- Marketing Emails. We may, from time to send you emails regarding our products and services. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you will have the option of opting out and/or unsubscribing from our emails and mailing lists by adjusting your marketing preferences as follows: (1) following the directions at the bottom of one of our marketing emails; or (2) editing your account information to no longer receive such offers and mailings. Please note, if you choose not to receive marketing emails, you may still continue to receive transactional or account emails (e.g., purchase confirmations and account balance statements) that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
- Direct Mail. We may, from time to time, send you direct mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, you may opt-out of receiving them at the time you provide us with your personal information. Or, you may edit your account information to no longer receive such offers and mailings.
- Cookies. You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
6. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please remember that we cannot guarantee that the Internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. Transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk and you should only access our services within a secure environment.
Your account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully and by keeping your password and computer secure, such as by signing out after using our services.
Credit card transactions are handled through Square, a Level 1 PCI Compliant Service Provider (the most stringent level of certification available), using SSL encryption to ensure all credit and debit card data is safe and secure. Square receives the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information.
7. FORUMS AND OTHER INTERACTIVE SERVICES
Our Site may include discussion forums or other interactive areas or services, including blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post or store content, messages, comments, materials or other items on the Site (“Interactive Areas”). If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas may be open to the public and any personal data you post or provide at registration may be viewable by others.
We are not responsible for public disclosure of personal data you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas, nor are we responsible for how others might use that information, including to send you unsolicited messages. Interactive Area postings may be retained indefinitely. If at any time you would like to request that we remove a posting, please contact us. Removal of a posting from an Interactive Area is at our discretion. Removal of a posting from an Interactive Area does not necessarily mean that the posting will be deleted from our backend systems.
8. PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD-PARTY SITES
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 years or knowingly allow such persons to register an account with us. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on our Site.
In the event we learn we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 years without verified parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we may have any such information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
10. RIGHTS FOR RESIDENTS OF CERTAIN STATES / COUNTRIES
California’s Shine the Light Law (STL)
California law entitles residents to ask for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Unless you request us to or consent to it, we do not share any personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data. For purposes of the GDPR, we are the data controller.
- Legal Bases. We describe in the sections above titled “How We Use Your Data” and “Sharing of Your Personal Data” the purposes for which we use and share the data we collect. For all other purposes our legal basis is our legitimate interest in running our business, except where we obtain your consent for a particular processing, in which event the legal basis will be your consent.
- Your rights. To exercise any of your rights identified below, please contact us. Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
- Access and portability. You are entitled to request access to your personal data we hold and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and with whom we share it. Where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller.
- Correction. You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to deletion. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Restriction. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data.
- Objection. You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can object using the unsubscribe link in such communications or by contacting us.
- Withdrawal of consent. In the event we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.
- Complaints. In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us and we will endeavor to address your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
12. CONTACT US
Authennial, LLC d/b/a Cuba Candela
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
66 W Flagler Street Suite 900
Miami, FL 33130
You may also contact us by email at email@example.com.