Three Ways to Support the Cuban PeopleJuly 26, 2021
Supporting the Cuban people has always been at the core of what we do. Through education, donations and travel that uplifts local communities, we invite you to join in our support for the Cuban people.
One of the best ways to support Cuba is to learn about current events and daily life from those living on the island. Follow Cuban artists and entrepreneurs such as @dadorhavana, @clandestina99, @pauzamusic and @reglasoulcuba or accounts that are amplifying Cuban voices like @cuba.one, @cubareporter and @startupcuba to stay informed.
A portion of every trip with Cuba Candela is donated to humanitarian organizations like Caritas Cuba, an organization that provides programs for vulnerable groups in Cuban society. We encourage you to donate personally to organizations that provide medical supplies, hygiene products and food to people living in Cuba.
Below are a few of the many organizations you can donate to:
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a nonprofit organization that donates food and hygiene products to Cuba.
- Friends of Caritas Cuba works with the most vulnerable groups of people on the island providing humanitarian assistance to elderly, children and people with disabilities.
- Misión Emaús Cuba provides monthly meals to people on the island.
- Puente de Amistad supports social programs for children, youth and families. The organization also supplies medicine and hygiene products.
- Wild Horse Children’s Foundation supplies children with food and medicine.
- Syringes for Cuba is a campaign by Global Health Partners and the Saving Lives Campaign that provides syringes to help distribute the island’s COVID-19 vaccines.
- Donations for Cuba is an initiative created by Dador and Mandao to provide healthy food to people in Cuba.
Support the Cuban People through Travel
At Cuba Candela, we only work with the private sector in Cuba and every trip directly supports more than 30 Cuban entrepreneurs.
A Cuban musician that we work with explained how travelers have helped him pursue his passion:
“Through meeting with more travelers and American visitors, I have gained confidence as a musician and person. I have so much joy and pride in meeting travelers and sharing my music with them. They have also helped me to grow financially. Thanks to their help, I have been able to record and produce songs and promote my music.”
In addition to supporting over 30 Cuban entrepreneurs with each trip, our tours are designed to foster global connections through immersive experiences with locals. The compassionate connections that form among travelers and the Cuban people are powerful and open the hearts and minds of our travelers.
“The level of contact we were provided with everyday Cuban people, their lives, and their history was profound and rewarding.”